Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Eli's Cake Smash

How did we get here?  I swear yesterday I was holding a brand new baby in the hospital trying to stay awake so I could catch his every second of life.  He got the hiccups shortly after birth and they were the sweetest..he had been having them 3 times a day in my belly for weeks.
Looking back at pictures of the first few minutes, hours, days, weeks, and then months– is hard for a Momma.  You want your babies to go and experience the world, but each time they accomplish something new it’s very bittersweet.  I know in the blink of an eye I will be looking back at pictures over the years, which seems impossible to accept right now.
I will say that planning his birthday party and cake smash were fun.  Even if I wasn’t excited that at the end I would have a one year old TODDLER.  Although, he will always be my baby.
As I was trying to get Eli to sit still so I could get a few pictures of him before he tore into his cake with his cute little banner I made– he thought the purpose was to crawl away as fast as he could.  After about 10 minutes I saw the twizzlers left over from his party and presented him with his first ever.  Clearly he was excited to get it!

And then I thought I could take it away really quick because I didn’t really want him eating it anyways..  and my big idea was to hold it above the camera and he’d smile and be his cute little self.. Wrong!
I will treasure that picture forEVER. love love love.



Now..on to the best part..the cake smash!!



1 comments:

  1. Love these pictures, especially the last one!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete



The Photo Mommy

My photo
I adore my husband and we have been married for almost 4 years. I have been a mommy for almost a year and a photographer for 3. I am working on making our house a home.



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved