Thursday, August 16, 2012

The dreaded "T" word..


When Eli was just a few days old, an earthquake shook Virginia up --and at a few weeks old there was a hurricane that left us without power for days.  I had thought we were okay in the natural disaster area, and I was completely fine not encountering any more.  Yesterday, I guess it was decided that we had waited long enough and we were due for another. 

It really wasn't that bad, but when David called to say the gym had taken everyone into a small room and maybe I should do the same with our zoo, I got nervous!  Tornados make me squeamish!   Woke Eli up from his nap and he & the two dogs & I go into our bathroom, which is really the only room we have without windows on the first floor. 

What a crazy storm is was!  But thankfully there was no tornado.   The power had even gone out for about 20 minutes..which was not so much fun..but thankfully the iPhone has a "flashlight" app which is perfect for such situations.

Eli was in heaven, as you can see by the picture.  He learned that if he pulls that little thing down that it makes a fun noise..so he did that when he wasn't pulling the toilet paper off the handle. 
Believe it or not, Sadie is behind Eli in the corner..she had the least fun out of everyone-- especially because she had to be so close to Emma. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment



The Photo Mommy

My photo
I adore my husband and we have been married for almost 4 years. I have been a mommy for almost a year and a photographer for 3. I am working on making our house a home.



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved