Friday, October 5, 2012

24 weeks, 14 months & a trip to the water

Eli,
You are 14 months old!  Well into the "one-year" mark.  You walk really well and have started crawling backwards which looks a little creepy.  You love animals.  Emma lets you play with her (or, pull her ears, mouth, etc.. sorry Emma!) and you think Sadie plays with you because every time you get close she runs to a new spot and you have to chase her, all the while laughing-- but we know Sadie loves you because she goes in your room every night and checks on you.  She will walk right up to the crib, look for a minute, and then walk out.  

You are full of energy, and don't really like to be redirected or told "no."  You have 12 teeth! A whole mouth full.  I think you could live on chicken, bananas, grapes & strawberries...and bread.  We have a really good routine down right now- you go to bed & wake up at 8 and take one two-hour nap a day.  Can I brag on you for a minute?  You get put in your crib and you lay down and go to sleep when you're supposed to.  Although lately I've been rocking you for a few minutes before putting you in your crib-- I am soaking up the last few months of just "you & me" :)  

You still babble a lot and have full conversations with us (and yourself) but I can't quite understand it just yet.  You've been getting better at "speaking" words and you understand what I'm telling you.  I can say "bye-bye" and you will go to the door.  I can tell you we are going to change your diaper and you run away, but you'll come to me if I say we are going to put your shoes on to go outside.  If I'm in another room I can say, "where's Eli?" or "where's mama?" and you will come find me. You say "mmm" when you're eating something good and it's really cute :)  Daddy gives you a bath every night and you pull the stopper up when you're ready to get out, such a smart boy! 

We are working on body parts - I think you know "head" and "ear" the best, even though i've been pushing "nose" & "tummy" more. You love playing games on the iPhone. 

We put your carseat forward facing - and you loveeee watching everything around you in the car now!  You love to be chased.   Hearing the words, "i'm going to get you" send you squealing. 

--------------------------------------------

I am 24 weeks pregnant!  Will be 25 tomorrow and tonight we went to the water (a first for Eli!) to explore and take pictures -- Eli LOVED the water and we will definitely have to go back.  I have 3 more weddings to shoot and then I will be on maternity leave- I am very much looking forward to that! 









0 comments:

Post a Comment



The Photo Mommy

My photo
I adore my husband and we have been married for almost 4 years. I have been a mommy for almost a year and a photographer for 3. I am working on making our house a home.



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved