Saturday, September 22, 2012

A visit back home

While I was born in Georgia, "Home" is only 1.5 hours away -- and it is a pretty drive to get there.. you head out and go about an hour past the last stoplight, never changing roads after that until the very end (and even then it's a right turn, then a left turn..then the driveway).   We haven't been there near enough as we should especially considering how short of a drive it is. Eli isn't a big fan of the car, and he probably gets that from David & I - I don't think our family will ever be driving across America. 

Facts about where I grew up:
The entire county has no stoplights..but one set of caution lights.
When I was in elementary school we got our first (and only) fast food restaurant: Burger King
There is one main grocery store: Food Lion
Wal-Mart is an hour away and in a different county.
A few mom & pop shops are located there, but pretty much it's a "ghost town"

I always said I was a country girl with a big city heart.  I knew that I wouldn't live there forever- and when I was 17 I left and never looked back.  I graduated high school early so I could go off to college, and from there moved to DC on a whim- never touring the city or knowing anyone.  And I fell in love with the city.  But I met and fell more in love with a boy whose career brought him to where we are now, and have been for four years.

Eli loves my dads animals, and over the years we've had just about every kind you can think of! Currently my dad has donkeys & sheep.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment



The Photo Mommy

My photo
I adore my husband and we have been married for almost 4 years. I have been a mommy for almost a year and a photographer for 3. I am working on making our house a home.



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved