Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hospital stay

We stayed up for 26 hours straight before getting to "sleep" for 45 minutes.  Talk about brutal!  I was running on adrenaline-- I am not quite sure how David managed to stay up though.

I really cannot remember the day after he was born very well.  He was jaundiced and needed to eat every hour, but he was very difficult to wake up.  David's sister came in to meet her nephew and I remember falling in and out of sleep while talking to her- but it was nice that she came by!  My best friend also stopped by- it was great to see her even though I was sooooo tired and was secretly hoping no one would want to come visit.  Davids parents came the night Eli was born, and my dad came the day we were going home.  Mom and David were with me the whole time- I couldn't have done it without them. 

The second day (our going home day, yay!) Eli got the ole snip snip.  I had been totally fine and not crying until that moment.  I wanted to go with him and hold him while it happened, but there is a reason they do not let new mommies do that...the DR may have gotten poked with a scalpel himself.  

Then, the electricity went out.

If you know me at all you know there are two things you don't mess with me about.  AC and FOOD.  

We would be discharged later that day but those few hours of dealing with no AC or fans in a hotter than hot August day... goodness gracious.  We stripped Eli down and snacked on some ice chips.  I was SO relieved when we got to go home! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment



The Photo Mommy

My photo
I adore my husband and we have been married for almost 4 years. I have been a mommy for almost a year and a photographer for 3. I am working on making our house a home.



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved