Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The moment we've been waiting for.. Eli's arrival!

Because I was on bedrest, we didn't get a chance to take the mommy & daddy classes. Being a girl and watching endless baby birthing shows-- I figured it couldn't be too hard.  You push, out comes baby.  In 30 minutes like on TV ;)

My water broke at 1:30AM on August 5th.
After 3 outfit changes (still questioning why I did this) and some makeup later we were on our way to the hospital.  
At 3 AM when we got settled in, I was 4-5CM dilated and 80% effaced.
The OBGYN in the hospital was getting some beauty sleep, but when she woke at 6AM she was well rested enough to break my water the rest of the way.
By 8AM I was 6 CM dilated.
And then I got the best thing ever..the epidural.
Seriously- there is no reason to be a hero (My DRs actual words- loved him!)
and I agreed.
The epidural was lovely.
By 1PM I hadn't dilated any more and so they started Pitocin.
We later learned Eli was a monster baby and my body would have a hard time with him fitting through.
3:30PM 7 CM & 95% effaced... getting closer!
5:30 - It's go time!
6:41 HELLO SWEET BABY!

Happy Birthday, Eli.
August 5, 2011

8 pounds
10 ounces
21.5 Inches Long


David counted. The nurses told him to slow down a bit.  I had to tune him out (sorry honey!) because I got tired of him counting. so. slow.

I will admit. When I was pregnant I did not want Eli placed on top of me when he came out.
Cottage Cheese baby = yuck!
However, right before he came I took off my gown so he could be right where he was supposed to be.
It was also important to us to do delayed cord cutting and so he really didn't have anywhere else to go.

Okay, I admit-- he's still cute even with that yuck on his face.
Almost cute enough to make me forget that I had a 4th degree tear.
yep, 4th. Ouch.

Proud Daddy! Nothing is more sexy than seeing your husband become a father.

Eli meeting his father.
Cue tears.

It has only been a few days and I cannot remember what we did without him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



The Photo Mommy

My photo
I adore my husband and we have been married for almost 4 years. I have been a mommy for almost a year and a photographer for 3. I am working on making our house a home.



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved